Engineering a Brighter Future


"Let me offer my people, my Mahallah and my University the following pledge: I will not let you down. I will be, to the best of my ability, your pleasant brother and good friend."

Presiding Officer, Mr. Principal, distinguished guests, honourable members and delegates, citizens of Mahallah as-Siddiq, people of IIUM: thank you.

I am greatly humbled and deeply honoured to be the chosen one to serve IIUM and succeed the previous man in the office of President of as-Siddiq College – or, officially, President of Mahallah as-Siddiq Representative Committee – for the remaining days of this Academic Year.

In fact, this is not the office of prestige and honour, but trust and responsibilities provided by the people and this University. To enter this office is not easy. To hold this office is even harder then to enter it. Only earnest labour and fervent prayers will help the man of this office to succeed.

To mark this day, let me offer my people, my Mahallah and my University the following pledge: I will not let you down. From the next morning forward, I will be, to the best of my ability, your pleasant brother and good friend.

But the following morning is yet to come, Presiding Officer, so let me take this opportunity to say the following words:

“Muizz, thank you very much for everything you have shared with me, my Mahallah and my University. I have no regret to be by your side as the fourth Vice President in your administration, your friend and your brother.”

Luckily, the departure of President Muizz from his office is not the real end of his relationship with both our Mahallah and our University.

On that note, Presiding Officer, it is my great honour to make the first presidential decision, pursuant to Section 16 (8) of Mahallah as-Siddiq Representative Committee Constitution, that President Muizz will remain representing our Mahallah as the Chair of the University Council of Nuqaba’ and Naqibaat of Usrah Mahallah.

Later on, I will move a motion, in my own name, that President Muizz will remain in the Board of Mahallah as-Siddiq as the Secretary for 2017.

Presiding Officer,

I must be thankful to the University too, particularly Mr. Principal, for every single advice and support, and whatever he has shared with me since my admission to the Majlis of Mahallah as-Siddiq on 17 December 2015.

Not to forget, on this occasion, are my parents and family members, members of the University management, Mahallah officials and resident leaders, members of the University Students’ Representative Council, Mahallah Representative Coordination Committee, and the University Student Leaders’ Assembly, and those who have been with me all this while. I will be no one here without their prayer, assistance, cooperation and support.

I look forward to meet, greet and cooperate with all individuals and organisations, inside and outside this Mahallah and this University, in engineering a brighter future for our people, our Mahallah and our University.

I will not be doing this alone. I will be assisted by a deputy and members and servants returning from the previous administration. I take this opportunity to announce the retention of Br. Ammar Daniali bin Ahmad Azlan as the Vice President of the Majlis.

I further suggest not to appoint another Vice President and Secretary to the President, like the previous man did, owing to organisational reasons.

Honourable members and delegates,

Frankly speaking, I am not prepared well to enter this office. For the past three weeks, I had been with our friends in Taaruf Week Committee. We are all tired to work hard for the success of the recently-concluded Taaruf Week, and yet we are all joyful to celebrate its remarkable success. Congratulations to the entire Taaruf Week Committee.

Now, let me continue the success in Mahallah as-Siddiq. For a better understanding, I have made my plan simple for all leaders of this Mahallah. At least, I have something to share in a very short time. The purpose is crystal clear: to ensure the continuous development for our people, our Mahallah and our University.

Therefore, we – leaders of Mahallah as-Siddiq – will try our best to master these three areas: Islamic development, education, and sports.

However, I don’t say that other areas will be forgotten. I just put these three priorities in my plan owing to the capability of Mahallah as-Siddiq, in its collective state, to mark another success in these areas in the near future.

Honourable members and delegates,

Let us bring more betterment to Usrah Mahallah. Tell the University that we can make Usrah Mahallah better than before.

To make Usrah Mahallah more attractive to our people, I have planned some activities for participants of Usrah Mahallah, including slaughtering course and inter-circle Futsal competition. They were supposed to be organised, last year, but due to the time constraint, those proposed activities have been postponed indefinitely.

Today, I wish to announce that that those proposed Usrah activities will be continued. I expect the Chief Nuqaba’ of Usrah and the rest of Mahallah Nuqaba’ Committee will work closely with me, the Principal and the respective official in ensuring that those programmes could take place in this semester.

Honourable members and delegates,

Let us bring back more gold medals to Mahallah as-Siddiq. We have lost them, last IIUM Sports Carnival (ISC), due to the increased competition among Mahallat in this campus. Luckily, we brought an additional number of medals due to the introduction of new sports in ISC, and the capability of our athletes to master some sports contested in the previous ISC.

Now, let us try harder to turn all silvers and bronzes to all golds. I take this opportunity to announce that Mahallah as-Siddiq will be organising sports activities periodically. The focus will be more on sports where this Mahallah managed to get medals from the last ISC.

Before we attend to both priorities, the main priority will be always professional development. Therefore, I wish to tell this Mahallah that we are going to have Mahallah as-Siddiq Training for Trainers soon. This training will not involve only members of the Majlis, but also officials, Nuqaba’ of Usrah and members of Mahallah Assembly – leaders of all blocks in our Mahallah.

Honourable members and delegates,

To end this address, let me tell you: we have talked the walk, so let us walk the talk. Let us continue striving for our noble aim, towards “Generating the True Hope”. This duty, however, does not belong to only one person or body of persons. It belongs to us all, citizens of Mahallah as-Siddiq, and members of IIUM Community, so let us do this together.

If you are rooting in me, I am rooting more in you. Your success is my success, and our success is that of our Mahallah and our University. Together we ascend higher, to another stage of success, for the betterment of our Mahallah and our University.

Thank you, once again, for whatever you gave me all this while, and for whatever you will be giving me in the next days.

Presiding Officer,

I pray that the Blessings, Grace and Guidance of Allah SWT may dwell in this land and this people for years to come.

BUKHARI BIN ISAHAK
President, Majlis of Mahallah as-Siddiq
International Islamic University Malaysia

Mahallah as-Siddiq General Meeting 2017
Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 8.45 pm
Ibnu Taimiyyah Conference Room, KENMS, IIUM, Gombak, Selangor

Comments