Diplomatic Note to My Juniors

My juniors, brothers and sisters,
Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

First and foremost, I want to thank you all, my juniors, for your prayer for my success during my secondary education. I already faced many test during my study in secondary education. Now, Alhamdulillah, thank God, because I got 7As and 3Bs in Malaysian Education Certificate (SPM) examination on November and December 2011. Now, I'm a Foundation in Arabic Language and Literature (BAR) student in the Centre for Foundation Studies (CFS), International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM). Next, I pray to Allah for your success, especially

Sorry for writing in English as my university now is the English speaking university. So, please improve your English before coming to study in IIUM, especially in CFS, Petaling Jaya, Selangor. All courses here will be taught in English except core courses for Foundation in Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Heritage (IRK) and BAR. If you are interested to study IRK or BAR courses here, please improve your Arabic also. In the same time, don't worry when I say that because you still can speak Malay like usual in the campus except with foreign staffs. 


Our CFS IIUM is like the other Education Matriculation College and the other University Foundation Centre, but CFS IIUM still has its differences and specialties. CFS IIUM uses English first and Arabic second as the medium teaching languages. However, some lecturers and teachers still pleased to lecture or teach in Malay even the teaching syllabus is written in English or Arabic. In CFS IIUM, you can study here in 1 year, 1 year and half or 2 years, but it depends on your results in English Placement Test (EPT) and Arabic Placement Test (APT). When you are chosen to study in CFS IIUM, do your best in EPT and APT depend on your ability. Don't too hoping that we can study in CFS IIUM only in one year. I'm a two-year student.


CFS IIUM offered about 15 course. It was Medic, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Nursing, Allied Health Science, Physical Science, Biological Science, English, Arabic, IRK, Engineering, Architecture and Environmental Design (AED), Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Human Sciences and Laws. However, start from the academical year 2012/13, IIUM separated English and Arabic courses in 2 other courses. It was English Language and Literature (BENL), English for International Communication (LIC), BAR and Arabic for International Communication. So, to the current SPM candidate, it's up to you. I just promote this to those who interested to study in CFS IIUM. I welcome anyone who'll study in CFS IIUM next academical year.

My juniors, I hope we just continue our long journey. We want to be excellent in academic and co-curriculum in school. We want to study in the best place we want. We want our aim and ambition to be realized by our efforts. We want to success in the world and the hereafter. Don't forget to ask Allah for our success. Allah is everything for us. 


My juniors, we're brothers and sisters in Islam. So, let us sustain and preserve our brotherhood and sisterhood together. Let you know that unity bears the fruit of unification. Let's unite. Please preserve friendship and companionship among us and between seniors and brothers. We have good attitudes and bad attitudes in ourselves. So, please maintain our good attitudes and please improve our bad attitudes. InsyaAllah, we can deserve the best.

My juniors, please convey my message to the other juniors. Let them know what I said just now. Thank you for accepting me as your brother in Islam. Remember, for Allah, I love you.

Comments